Always classy, easy to make, gorgeous and great starter for any party! Even if you think you don’t like mushrooms, you still should give these a try – it’s absolute deliciousness in a bite-size cup simply melting in your mouth.
To rock the party, you would need:
- 24 medium white button mushrooms, cleaned and stems reserved
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese
- Some Camembert cheese, cut into slices
- 2 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet
- Half of large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Almonds for decoration (optional)
- Start with preheating oven to 180 C and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- After that, hands on the mushrooms, remove stems and chop them finely. Bake just the mushroom caps, stem-side down, until tender, around 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a medium skillet and sauté onion and garlic in olive oil, add some chopped mushrooms, salt and freshly ground black pepper, cook until tender. Stir in some cream cheese and mix until thorough. At this point , if you fancy, you can also add some fresh herbs, like parsley or thyme.
- Spoon the filling into each mushroom and place them on the baking sheet. Cover mushroom tops with slices of Camembert and shoot the tray into the oven for another 10 minutes, or bake until golden brown. Garnish with fresh herbs or almonds :).