If you were looking for delicious dessert, which would impress your friends and family and as well wouldn’t keep you in the kitchen long – this is your best choice!
Incredibly easy and fun to make, these beautiful babies will be a centre piece of any party.
To be a baker-wizard all you need is:
- 125 g of self-raising flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 125 g of soft butter
- 125 g of caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
For Cream cheese glaze:
- 110 g Cream cheese, room temperature
- 120 g of caster sugar
- 1/4 cup of Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- bits of 1 orange zest (optional)
- A handful of berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries).
- Alternatively, you can use zest of an orange or chocolate flakes.
- Start with pre-heating the oven to 180 C. After, prepare the bun tray with cupcake cases.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together into a large bowl.
- Add the butter (make sure the butter is soft), sugar and eggs and mix well all together.
- Place the dough evenly in the paper-cases and bake for 18-20 minutes until risen, golden and firm to touch.
- While they are baking make your glaze: in a large bowl beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla together with a whisk until well combined. You can also add some orange zest for light freshness.
- After let the cupcakes rest on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Last step is the most fun! Spread your cream cheese glaze generously over cupcakes, decorate with favourite berries or bits of chocolate, and devour immediately.