If it is another rainy day outside your window, spice it up with some deliriously wonderful dish, which will take you back to the sunny streets of Italy. It is simple and delicious. Works great on it’s own, and can be gorgeous savoury addition to any salads, salsas or stews.
Divine taste of Italy: Oven roasted bell peppers
Preparation+Cooking time: 1 h / Veg-friendly
To celebrate you would need:
- 4 bell peppers (red, orange or yellow)
- 2 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- Some salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- Some dried oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C.
- Then de-seed and cut the peppers into halves or quarters and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle the goodness with olive oil, add finely chopped garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Lastly, sprinkle some dried oregano. Roast until flesh is tender and skin is blistered, should take approximately 35-40 minutes. Mmmm..fantastico!