Mussel dishes might give you an impression of very complicated cooking involved but that’s an absolute delusion. Easy & Quick to make, you would be surprised how little it takes to make a refined dinner. Intrigued?
- 1 kg of mussels, in shells
- small glass of white wine
- some olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- chopped parsley, to serve
- Start off, with preparing your mussels for cooking. You can watch a great video guide from seafood expert Rick Stein how to clean and prepare mussels here. Once your mussels are ready for cooking, rush to serve the table, as dinner will be ready in minutes!
- The countdown goes by taking a large pan and drizzling over some olive oil and adding chopped shallot and minced garlic. Cook those until soft, but not browned. Next, add the wine and let it boil for a minute to burn off the alcohol. Add the mussels and most of the chopped parsley. Note that the pan should not be overcrowded as the mussels need space to move around so that they can cook evenly.
- Then just set the pan over a high heat and cover with a lid. Cook the mussels for about 2-4 minutes, giving the pan a shake from time to time to ensure mussels cook nicely. When the shells have opened, our mussels are ready to serve. Garnish with the bits of parsley.