These American style pancakes are my all time favourite comfort food. Absolutely delicious and a complete breeze to prepare. For simple breakfast-wizardry you would need:
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 heaped tablespoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. of sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 2 tbsp. of melted and cooled butter, plus extra for cooking
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl. In a separate bowl or jug, beat the eggs, then whisk in the milk and stir in 2 tbsp. of butter. Pour in this mixture into dry ingredients. Beat well until the pancake batter is smooth. Afterwards, let it stand for a few minutes.
2. Put a large pan over medium-low heat and add a knob of butter . Once that melts, it’s time to put our batter onto frying pan. You can make these pancakes big or small, depending how you like it. When you cook the pancakes, you just need to remember that when the upper side of the pancake is bubbling – it’s time to cook the second side, usually it takes less than a minute.
3. Serve hot with any of your favourite toppings. These little babies are amazing with fruits, syrups, jams, chocolate….you name it:) I hope you will enjoy then as much as I do!