Banana&Chocolate a match made in heaven. This easy-to-make cake embodies all that – and then some more. A dense, dark and devilishly delicious, it will be gone before you know it.
For perfect dessert you will need:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 100 g of dark chocolate, melted
- 150 g of butter, room temperature
- 120 g of caster sugar
- 3 free-range eggs
- 175 g of plain flour
- 3 g of baking powder
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. of orange juice (optional)
- Tiny bits of orange peel for garnishing (optional)
This recipe consists of few easy-to-follow stages:
1. In a bowl or food mixer mash the bananas.
2. Melt the chocolate. Since I don’t have a double-boiler and prefer not to use micro-wave as it is very easy to ruin the chocolate, I simply melt it in a pot. La methode: Finely сhop the chocolate into small bits and place them into a cup. Put the cup into a pot full of hot water. Make sure, no water gets into the cup. That’s it, you only need to wait until the chocolate melts itself. Such a hassle free method!
3. Combine all the goodness together.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat after each addition.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Mix in mashed banana and melted chocolate.
- Lastly, add a tablespoon of vanilla extract and freshly squeezed orange juice (optional). I like a tiny touch of orange in this cake, as it makes it fresh and vibrant.
- Prepare your baking pan, and pour the batter in. Garnish with the bits of orange peel. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy!
P.S. This cake can be eaten even after a few days it’s been made, if it survives! :)