A lovely light starter with fantastic sweet&salty flavours. Easy to toss together, and is everything salad should be – fresh and crunchy. Tried, loved and adopted from my mom’s kitchen.
Preparation time: under 10 minutes / Serves 2 / Veg-friendly
We would need:
- 2 handfuls of mixed greens (crisp romaine, baby spinach, rocket works well)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled lengthways into ribbons
- 4 radishes, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. of freshly chopped chives
- 1 tbsp. of freshly chopped dill
- Salt & pepper to taste
- a pinch of roasted sesame seeds (optional)
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp. of cranberry jam
- 1 tbsp. of light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of water
- Place greens in a large serving bowl along with cucumber, radishes and herbs. Season with a tiny bit of salt & pepper. Toss together. Add some sesame seeds if using.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small jug until well combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over salad just before serving. Bon app!