March 5th. Snow gently covered rooftops and avenues of Paris. As beautiful the city in white is, the heart is longing for warm, fresh and sun-filled days.
Following the feeling, I quickly tossed together this gorgeous salad that just epitomizes summer to me – peppery arugula with sweet juicy peaches along with creamy fresh mozzarella and crunchy almond flakes. It is beautifully refreshing lunch plate that brings summer days just closer.
Summer on a plate: Arugula & Peach salad
Preparation + cooking: 15 min / Serves 2
We would need:
- A knob of butter
- 2 nice & firm peaches, pitted and halved into wedges
- 1 tbsp. of runny-honey
- 2 handfuls of arugula salad
- 1/2 mozzarella or burrata cheese ball, roughly torn
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. of aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of almond flakes, toasted
- Melt a knob of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. When it is hot but not smoking, add the peaches cut side down and sauté them for 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle with honey and cook for another minute. Allow to cool.
- Arrange arugula and peach wedges into a serving dish. Tear mozzarella into bite-size bits and scatter around the plate. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, followed by a teaspoon of aged balsamic vinegar, and lastly, garnish with almond flakes.Enjoy!